• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Book Publisher Destroyed Manuscript

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mir13

I submitted my book to a publisher. They rejected the work and destroyed it. Is this legal?

K

krispenstpeter

Listen. Since you can't even follow the rules of this forum I have to assume you either can't read or just don't like to follow rules.

That being said, I also have to assume that you didn't read the submission standards that EVERY publisher posts in Writer's Market which state that all unsolicited manuscripts will be held by the publisher and/or destroyed.

If you sent it without permission of COURSE they're going to destroy it. No publisher wants a lawsuit so the first thing that happens to unsolicited manuscripts these days is the trash can or incenerator.

Now, I guess you never kept a copy right? Your bad :eek:

Oh, by the way, YES it's legal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">