• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

criminal mischief

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

ShellyD77

What is the name of your state? New Hampshire

I am being charged with a Class B felony of criminal mischief. I have not been indited yet. Long story short.. ex-landlord said I did signifigant damage to the property, I didn't. Anyway, I am willing to pay for the damages, just to get this out of the way. I am meeting with the detective this weekend he said to look over pictures of the crime scene. What can I expect when I get there? Will I be arrested? I have no criminal background. Is there a chance I could go to jail. I'm completely terrified at this point. Also another question. My security deposit was $1450, I read that according to my state law to be charged with this type of felony I would have to do over $1000 worth of damage. If that is the case, doesn't the $1450 I paid for the security cover that? If I'm not explaining things correctly please let me know. Any help would be much appriciated.
Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">