• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grandmother died and executor not following through

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

joshbraun

Hello, I live in KY. My grandmother passed away about a year and a half ago. Unfortunately the will said that her son (my uncle) is the executor of the will. In the will my mother is suppose to retain her house that was in my grandmothers name and the estate is suppose to be split 3 ways, between my uncle, my mother, and my other uncle. It has been 1 1/2 years now and my mother still does not have her house in her name nor has received any part of her share of the estate. The will said that my grandmothers house was suppose to be divided between my mother, uncle, and my other uncle and then after they have it it is suppose to be divided between the grandkids (me and my cousins). I don't care about having a share in it, but my uncle is keeping all the money, had all of the locks changed on my grandmothers house so no one else can get in, and is not following through on his part of the executor of the will. The will was not specific enough to say who gets what, but it did clearly state that my mother is suppose to get her house with a 1/3 of the property that all of these houses are on. What should I do??? Please help.

JETX

Your mother needs to contact a local probate attorney and have him review the status of the estate.... and, if necessary, start proceedings to 'help it along'.

J

joshbraun

Cost of attorney

To make the situation more difficult, my mother does not have the $$$ to hire a attorney to get this resolved. Is there any way I can start this process on behalf of her???

JETX

joshbraun said:
To make the situation more difficult, my mother does not have the $$$ to hire a attorney to get this resolved. Is there any way I can start this process on behalf of her???
Of course, you could loan or give her the money. Or you could also simply do this yourself, on your behalf as a potential beneficiary.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">