• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support Modification

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

txsgal

What is the name of your state?I just got a new order for Child Support this month. I live in NV where the order was issued and he lives in TX. Right after receiving the order, my said that, "you'll get your money." Didn't make any kind of payment plan for the arrears that he owes - as stated in the order. I just got a Motion for Review and Modification of Child Support. His wife just had a baby and he's saying that he can't afford the increase due to, "the increase in his financial obligations." His wife is listed as a student/homemaker. She's as able bodied as I am to work. Won't the judge look at that in making his decision. She's not working to help support their child. THAT'S his burden not our son. He's also declared that he pays $975 for two cars. Question #1: Can I make this part of my Response?

Also, we have always been filing Pro Per. In the documents he sent me, included were: Motion, Financial Declaration, 2 Affidavits of Service, & a request for Submission. I've checked the Docket Report on-line and it shows all of this was filed. I have 13 days to file my Response! Question #2/3: How can he submit his Motion already? Will the judge strike his request since it wasn't filed correctly?

And finally......as part of the visitation, I have to purchase a plane ticket and then get reimbursed by HIM for half of the flight. This is supposed to occur before my son leaves. He's informed me that with the increase in child support (the effective date caused arrears), he won't be able to pay me.

Question #4: Can I hold him in contempt for not working out a payment plan and not paying me back?

Sorry for being so lengthy. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">