• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to sue a business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

raincloud

What is the name of your state? California

Does anyone know the law which allows someone to sue bill collectors for harrassment? I have tried to settle the accounts, and I have told them now three times not to call me anymore. Now I want to make sure they leave me alone. Please let me know.

BL

Yes have the FTC send you boolets on Fair Debt Collection Practices Act ( FDCPA) and Fair Credit Reporting Act ( FCRA).

Lots of usful Laws and codes .

R

raincloud

thanks

Thank you for your help.

Blonde Lebinese said:
Yes have the FTC send you boolets on Fair Debt Collection Practices Act ( FDCPA) and Fair Credit Reporting Act ( FCRA).

Lots of usful Laws and codes .

R

raincloud

thank you

Thanks for your insight. I have talked to them on the telephone and I faxed them in writing with a followup letter in the mail.

I also have messages which they left on my cellphone answering service.

JETX said:
"I have told them now three times not to call me anymore. Now I want to make sure they leave me alone."
*** How have you told them??? Did you do it in writing??? If not, then it doesn't count.

For more on the issue of suing creditors (and CRA's) go to: http://www.creditinfocenter.com/eBooks/PoorMansClassActionLawsuit.shtml

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">