• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Larceny from a bulidling

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

crofta

Michigan

My 21 year old boyfriend is going to be charged with $15,000 worth of larceny from a building without forced entry. I am wondering what sort of sentance this will carry and how much jail time i should expect him to recieve? It was him and a friend, he has no prior convictions and has pretty much done nothing else majorly wrong in his life. Is this something where it is possible to just get probation and no jail time or not really. I am trying to prepare myself for the worst and be happy if it's less than that.

Last edited:

P

portlander

It doesn't matter if it was without forced entry or not. He still went in and stole $15,000 worth of stuff. Depending on his criminal history will play a major part in his sentece. If he has a criminal history, it's more likely that he will go to jail longer than if he had no criminal history at all.

K

krispenstpeter

And how can you respond to this poster portlander without knowing the answer to your own question?

See how it works?

P

portlander

Obviously krispenstpeter is confused and thinks this is freeanswer.com instead of freeadvice.com. It's all about advice, not answers!!

K

krispenstpeter

and yet you still have not answered the question. This is not a free advice site. This is a free LEGAL advice site.

Therefore, please answer the question. How is it that you can give legal advice to this poster without knowing the legal answer to your own question?

Simple enough question right?

n_and

portlander said:
It doesn't matter if it was without forced entry or not.

*It doesn't? That's funny. Because if it WAS forced entry, the sentence would be 'stiffer', as the crime would be something other than, or in addition to, larceny.

He still went in and stole $15,000 worth of stuff.

*This is the only thing you have said in your post that makes sense.

Depending on his criminal history will play a major part in his sentece. If he has a criminal history, it's more likely that he will go to jail longer than if he had no criminal history at all.
*My 3 year old daughter could have told you that.

Last edited:
P

portlander

krispenstpeter said:
This is not a free advice site.
Oh my bad! I must have been confused by the address FREEADVICE.com!!! You know as well as I do the people on this board are not out to give legal advice, but rather try to "make fun" of others. You should know as you are one of those people who give "legal" advice by participating in the "fun" of other people's misfortune.

P

portlander

Again n_and, it's about advice. If you have some advice that's better than someone else's....by all means put it down! Everybody who posts a repy is giving THEIR advice.

P

portlander

n_and, n_and, n_and! This is more like a junior high setting where people make fun of each other when they need help. Come on now! How come everybody joins in on "picking on" of these poor souls? This site is obviously a joke.

At first glance the site seems to be a great resource for people in need. That is until they ask a question and get all of this junior high "legal advice". You two need to exhaust your "legal advice" to people who really need it such as this girl and her boyfriend.

C

crofta

I am glad that you guys are having fun getting into debates but i am really just trying to get a few questions answered...i am quite scared as to what is going to happen to my boyfriend and was trying to get some facts of what is going to happen so that i know what to expect as well as some advice in terms of sentencing....any facts or ADVICE would be welcome. :D

P

portlander

crofta said:
i am quite scared as to what is going to happen to my boyfriend and was trying to get some facts of what is going to happen
You're in the wrong place girl. These people will just tell you that your boyfriend is "screwed" and the world will be a better place with him in jail. Your best bet is to talk to your boyfriend's attorney and see what he/she has to say. I wish the best of luck to you both.

n_and

Well, portlander, you have all the answers. Why don't you tell her the penalty for a larceny charge of $15,000.00? We are all waiting.

P

portlander

See what I mean crofta? Don't expect ANYTHING from these law school rejects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">