• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need some info please/bogus arrest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

Itsjustme74

I live in the state of Michigan..Edwardsburg, Michigan and was witness to an arrest I believe was highly inappropriate.

Last week we had several bad storms that resulted in some downed power lines in my neighbors yard after calling for several days to get them taken care of nothing happened. We all have small children in that area and were concerned that one of them might be injured. My neighbor called the electric company and a heated argument ensued...the police were sent out to see what was going on, when they got here everything was fine the neighbor did not get violent but the police officer started to lecture him about the language used with the dispatcher (power company) and he replied in turn with "I don't give a f*ck if the guy liked what I said"...not the nicest way to put it but I was right there and it wasn't shouted or said in a threatening way. The police officer then said he was placing him under arrest...my neighbor put his hands behind his back and stood there to be handcuffed but they rushed at him knocking him to the ground and roughed him up pretty good, he did not resist the entire time but they were pretty abusive and I believe he was arrested for nothing. He went to the emergency room got 17 x-rays done and the result of his run in was a torn ligament in his knee..his thumb and wrist was severely sprained and his wrists were bruised from the cuffs....this man is 60 years old and isn't much more than 160 lbs. I'd like to know what legal action he can take for the damage that was done and for being arrested under conditions that did not warrant such a thing.

n_and

He needs to hire an attorney. Seeing as no one on this forum was there to witness the sequence of events, we can only speculate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">