• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Birth Certificate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KNICKG

NJ

Need legal advice here have been seperated from wife for almost 2 years in the meantime i had a brief (very brief) fling with another woman, who got pregnant and concieved a child about a year ago. She contacted me about 6 months into the pregnancy and told me about it. Now she has not dragged me into court or really pressured me too much. I send her money on a monthly basis, she knows that I have 2 chiildren from my marriage that I pay support for. The two things that she really is getting on me is about being on the birth certificate, she claims the child cannot get a social sercurity number without it and getting the child on my health insurance. Now i don't have a problem with the health insuarance, but do I really have to be on the birth certificate and if I refuse can she take me to court to have me placed on it involuntarily? Basically what can I do here?

tcpmp

DON'T SIGN ANYTHING. Get a paternity test before anything. There are women that defraud individuals using this very trick.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">