• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

6% rule, how does it really work?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Rbdeerslayer

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Indiana, My ex is now claiming that the 6% rule means that I pay 6% of my child support towards the medical bills right off the bat, all at once with no help from him, which means I pay approx $450 out of pocket for all that his insurance does not cover. He then says that after I have met this amount, we then begin to share the remainder of out of pocket expence at a 30%/70% amount, me paying the 30% of everything over the approx $450. Now, I do say that yes the support agreement stated a 6% rule, please explain how it works. But the order said nothing about 30/70, and I thought 'medical paid by father' meant he paid?

VeronicaGia

You'll have to read your court order carefully. If it just says "medical paid by father" it could be interpreted many ways. Maybe dad only has to carry the insurance, maybe he has to pay it all. But read it, and post EXACTLY, word for word, what the order says.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">