• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shdwghst

What is the name of your state? Misssissippi

My daughter is wanting to date a 28 year old male she is 17. Is there anything that I can do to keep them apart. If I put out a restraining order against him she will try to see him anyway and I have been told that if she goes to him that nothing can be done to him. So what else can I do?

K

krispenstpeter

On what grounds would you have a restraing order issued?

Sorry, but all you can do is lock her away until she's 18 then she's free to do what she wants.

At this point it's only AFTER the fact that you can do anything. And that would be statutory rape charges. But, although this isn't a funny issue, I had to laugh at the mississippi statutes and how they addressed statutory rape.

Section 97-3-67
Any person who shall have carnal knowledge of an unmarried person of previously chaste character younger than himself or herself and over fourteen (14) and under eighteen (18) years of age, upon conviction, shall be punished either by a fine not exceeding Five Hundred Dollars ($500), or by imprisonment in the county jail not longer than six (6) months, or by both such fine and imprisonment or by imprisonment in the penitentiary not exceeding five (5) years; and such punishment, within said limitation, shall be fixed by the jury trying the case, or by the court upon the entry of a plea of guilty.

And especially the following:

Section 97-3-69
In the trial of all cases under the last preceding section, it shall be presumed that the female was previously of chaste character, and the burden shall be upon the defendant to show that she was not; but no person shall be convicted upon the uncorroborated testimony of the injured female.

However, this statute is in direct opposition to the age of consent statute which gives children at the age of 16 the right to consent to sex.

And to further complicate the matter, the age of consent statutes states: If the female is over 12, the status applies only to virgins.

You need to move into the 21st century. :rolleyes:

S

shdwghst

RE: Need Help

could I not get him for contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

M

Meursault

Did you not read the advice already offered? Until a crime has been committed there are no grounds for you to do anything.

Or what would you do when you are told to raise your right hand and swear under oath that the charges you are making are the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth....cross your fingers?

Listen, dating a much older man is not grounds for any legal action and/or charges. Period.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">