• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

speeding in Texas school zone....NO

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Baylorgrad

What is the name of your state? Texas

OK...first yes I was speeding...but not at the speed I was clocked!! I was said to be going 86 in a 65, but here is my real problems...I was within 6 days of one year from my last speeding ticket and so can't take Defensive Driving. Problem is that I was on I-35 and when I looked at my ticket it said that I was in a school zone, well not only are there no school zones on 35 it was 8am on a saturday. Questions:

1. Since the ticket is incorrect what are the chances I can get it dropped?
2. Where can I find information online about laws regulating radar guns in Texas...I have heard that a cop must be certified to use one and that they must be calibrated for precision so many days??
3. Any advice about the difference in opinion about the speed...I was in a group of about 20 cars who all slammed on their brakes as soon as they saw the cop...I followed the crowd, but like i said I know I was going faster than 65

I would normally just pay it and shut up, but I am trying to keep my record clean so my insurance will finally go down (I am 23 and drive a fast sports car, it will NEVER be really low) and since he put it in a school zone thats double costs and double damage to my insurance...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanx guys :p

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">