• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jgreenkc

J Green KC Missouri
My wife was on a HWY in KC. They had a speed trap set up where an Officer was hidden with a laser and others were lined up to pull them over. the bridge was loaded with cars when one pulled behind her and pulled her over. She was not the one speeding. ( I am sure people say that all the time) but she was not. She told the officer she wasn't but the ticket was already filled out his mind was made up. How do we fight this- is it worth fighting. I have been laid off and paying for college for a while now and with 2 kids a lawyer fees and increased fine plea is hard to do- any advice?

K

krispenstpeter

And how do you propose to PROVE that it wasn't her?

Sounds like something the Kansas side would try. Unless it was on the KAW Bridge :D

CdwJava

I agree. There's not a whole lot to contest here. Besides, she just might have been speeding - you weren't driving, so you really don't know. Your wife may not THINK she was speeding, but she may very well have been.

If traffic school is an option, she may want to look at that.

Carl

lwpat

Missouri Traffic School

I agree that traffic school may be her best option. Many jurisdictions in Missouri are now accepting online traffic school. She can call the clerk of court and see if she is eligible. For more information copy and paste the following URL to your address box.

http://www.trafficschoolonline.com/?lcode=4013

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">