• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Info on Radar units/lasers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TS111

What is the name of your state? Florida

Does anybody know where to find info on the radar/laser units that are used in Florida? Sheriffs office said they won't release there info until the time of the hearing. 1 MPH difference in the reading and my ticket is $100 less. I'm only trying to demonstarte that the radar/laser could be off by +/- 1 mph. Also, would the hearing officer require tech. specs. on my research or would a verbal discussion be sufficient?

I did read on a web site that up to 60 mph and a +/- 1 mph differnce is valid. Over 60 mph, the differnce is +/- 3 %. Site did not appear to be reputable.

CdwJava

There are numerous brands and models on the market. It should be relatively easy to find out what type of radar the agency you were stopped by is using, and you should be permitted to obtain discovery prior to your hearing.

You may want to contact your local court to find out how to obtain discovery information. But! Keep in mind that discovery motions can be very nit-picky things, and unless you know what you are doing, you may not get what you think you are asking for.

Your best bet would be to hire an attorney that is knowledgeable in such things to fight the matter if you think you have a chance.

However, in my experience, you could probably agree to plead guilty to a speed of 1 MPH less and thus suffer the lesser consequence without any argument.

But, you never know.

Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">