• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contempt question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

speedcam

ok i'll make this short and easy..

i & my wife are curious if we have a court order to have 1/2 off bills paid and specifies he has ten days to pay us from receiving copies of said bills, and he doesn't i know we have the right to charge him. but since he is not working would it even be worth the attemp? and last question would be since from my understanding anything written either in court or from attorney to attorney is a binding contract, if we received a statement from his attorney saying:

" i apoligize for the delay in payments and aslo missed payments. I also want to assure you from the date of this letter the said payments will be paid on time."

do we have any ground to stand on with this staemnet not being stood by?

like i said i was just curious and have never seen this written on anything, especially from one attorney to the other.( also being sent to the courts and us, by what the cover letter had said)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">