• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this allowed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rdsaks63

What is the name of your state?Ohio...

Hello & Thanks for your input.

I had a emergency ectopic surgery 2 weeks ago. This happened because of a tubal reversal 4 years ago that just decieded to work. We have been trying with IVF because I had 1 good ovary and thought the tube's were bad. I told the Dr. that did the surgery not to touch my ovary!So I could still do the IVF. And he said he would not....But he ended up removing it along with my chance of having children with my husband. I just can't believe he can do this after I said no to this?

Angie

Last edited:

ellencee

rdsaks63
There is the possiblity that the surgeon should not have removed your ovary if you specifically forbid him to do so and were willing to die rather than receive the medically indicated and necessary surgery. In an emergency operation, preoperatively, the surgeon had no way to guarantee you that you would not lose both tube and ovary and I doubt he did assure you that under no circumstance would he remove the ovary. A ruptured or threatening rupture of an ectopic pregnancy is a life-threatening emergency. If rupture had occurred, the ovary may have been destroyed in the process. The surgeon's report of his findings and any specimens sent for analysis will define his decision to remove the ovary.

At your post-surgical, follow-up appointment, ask the surgeon about the removal of the ovary.

EC

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">