• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i have a question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

momeof3

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?PA
My son was placed under house arrest, via a phone call from a probation officer, well today he left the house (dumb move i know). they got a warrant and found him when he was coming home. the question i have is : is he actually under house arrest, even if no one ever came out to physically put him on house arrest? now he is in juvenille detention until tues...i have never had any of my kids get into trouble so i really need help ASAP

racer72

No one has to "physically" place someone under house arrest. Instead of locking up folks for minor crimes, house arrest is used to keep the thugs off the streets. Now he gets to be a guest of the county for a few days. Hope he learned a lesson. And in many places, the parents have to pay for the time the kid is locked up. In my county, it is $86 a day.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
At this point, your son is staying where he is until at least Tuesday. I suspect that he may well have been required to stay put at home based on the probation officer's notification. You really need to speak with a local attorney - something that's obviously going to be a problem with the long weekend. Do you have any friends who are lawyers, or who know one personally? THat's where I'd start.

Bravo8

I don't understand the question. "House arrest" is not a physical arrest of the person. In other words, no one comes and takes your son into custody, then drops him off at home and says, "Now be a good boy and stay home".

House arrest is a type of confinement. If he was sentenced to show up at the Juvenile Detention Center and appeared of his own volition when required, would he not be required to stay? He couldn't simply walk away when he felt like it.

If his probation officer advised him that he is under house arrest, he is legally obligated to remain in the home. Failing to do so results in a probation violation, and he sits in jail......exactly like what happened.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">