• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fence on my property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

GAIL JONES

What is the name of your state? Louisiana
Last year I bought a house and the lot that it was on. There was a old house on the lot next door which was torn down later that year,it was a old fence around the house,which was torn down also.The man next door was complaining that he had more property on my side.I want to put up a fence so that cause me to have to look into the matter. I found out that i had 10 feet on his side instead.And another 25 feet running north and south font to back,of the which my neighbors on the other side has a fence.the property on this side is estate property. So after checking my deed i went to the courthouse to check out the neighbors stuff,i found out that the property that i now own was sold by there father.I traced every thing back 1951 when the land was first purchased by their father and when he sold a portion of it four years later.They have no question about the length running from side to side it is just the back where they have a partial fence. They put up a storage building last year,we talked to them about three weeks ago.What should we do now. Do i need to have a survey done.Or do i need to present all the info that i have to them?

jimmler

You need to have a licensed surveyor in your state perform a boundary survey and find or set your corners. That is the only way to really know where the property boundaries are.

It will be more expensive than you think, probably, but a lot of work goes into a boundary survey, more than just the crew coming to the site.

I am not a lawyer, I have been in surveying for 15 years.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">