• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Megapromoter.com ripped me off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Tennessee
Hi,
I created a website which I was trying to promote my website. The company located at http://www.megapromoter.com claimed that it can send my message to 2.5 million websites and isn't SPAM. I paid 40 dollars and found out that it only submitted my website to 107 sites. In additionally, I got SPAM e-mails.

My partner and I were pissed off. We want our money back or bring a legal action on this company for false misleading.

What do u think?

Thanks,
Tom Hartmann

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

TomHartmann said:
What is the name of your state? Tennessee
Hi,
I created a website which I was trying to promote my website. The company located at http://www.megapromoter.com claimed that it can send my message to 2.5 million websites and isn't SPAM. I paid 40 dollars and found out that it only submitted my website to 107 sites. In additionally, I got SPAM e-mails.

My partner and I were pissed off. We want our money back or bring a legal action on this company for false misleading.

What do u think?

Thanks,
Tom Hartmann

My response:

Absolutely. For principle's sake, I think you should spend the $4,000.00 on legal fees to get your $40.00 back. What do u think?

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Absolutely. For principle's sake, I think you should spend the $4,000.00 on legal fees to get your $40.00 back. What do u think?

IAAL
Could court make Megapromoter.com pay legal fees if it was found guilty of ripping me off? If not, I have a better way of boycotting Megapromoter.com by telling everybody not to go there.

Thanks for your comment,
Tom Hartmann

JETX

"Could court make Megapromoter.com pay legal fees if it was found guilty of ripping me off?"
*** Absolutely. Simply show the court your contract where it stipulates that the 'losing' party must pay the legal fees of the prevailing party!!!
That was easy, huh??

Just curious.... What research did you do on the owners of this website and their promises BEFORE you decided to spend that exhorbitant amount???
For example, WHO is the owner of that site and where are they located??
Come on.... your requirement for DUE DILIGENCE (and common sense) obligates you to at least have checked into them first, doesn't it??

MegaPromoter.com doesn't abide to its promises

Hi,
I didn't research that website before purchasing (my fault). My point was that it did not abide to the claim that you might find at http://www.megapromoter.com. It appeared to me that it is legal for this website to rip off people and pocket $$$ as well as other websites that claimed get rich fast. It made me think twice before purchasing anything off the Internet.

40 dollars is not worth for me to get money back, but I still feel it wasn't right for this website to do this to us (me and my partner).

By the way, one tiny law that might stop this, but wasn't sure how to do this way. I though that SPAM law was passed recently and this company claimed that it does not do SPAM, but when I submitted to 107 places (with the understanding that it is not SPAM according to the company), I was junked with spam e-mails. So, does it mean anything that this company is breaking a law by SPAM?

Thanks, Tom

M

mreman

Did you ask for your money back yet? The ad does state:

"Drive targeted traffic to your website. No forced clicks! Explode your sales by 2500 % guaranteed !"

Guaranteed would mean if you did not get the 2500% increase in sales you can have your $$ refunded.

JETX

mreman said:
Did you ask for your money back yet? The ad does state:

"Drive targeted traffic to your website. No forced clicks! Explode your sales by 2500 % guaranteed !"

Guaranteed would mean if you did not get the 2500% increase in sales you can have your $$ refunded.
That 'guarantee' is as useless as the 'virtual' paper it is printed on.

1) Does the 'guarantee' state a timeframe to meet?? No.
2) Does the 'guarantee' stipulate what compensation if they fail to meet the statement?? No.
3) Does the 'guarantee' even say HOW to handle a 'guarantee' claim?? No.

So, the bottom line is, Tom is right back where he started.... that being a claim for breach of contract..... and a resultant lawsuit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">