• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Complicated reckless driving situation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

4Lnqvv

What is the name of your state? Colorado

This is a complicated situation. I'm trying to figure out how my record and insurance will be affected, also the best way to minimize my penalties on this nasty ticket.

I very recently moved to Colorado from California for a job. I still have my CA license, but my insurance is registered in CO. I was in Montana when I received a reckless driving ticket. 108 in a 75 mph zone. No excuses I was just going real fast. Bad kid!

Does anyone know how this will affect my record and insurance. I have not recieved a ticket in two years. Maybe three years before that.

I was to get my CO license this week. Would it be better to let the ticket stick to my CA license before I get my CO one? So as to keep it from sticking to my CO license. Would it be better to get my CO license immediately and hope everything gets lost in the shuffle? I know CO does not transfer points from other states for minor offenses. I don't know about CA.

Anyone know my best plan of action or how my record will be affected in the future?

lwpat

Since you are living in Colorado then you need to go ahead and obtain your Colorado license. In many states you only have ten days to change your license.

Show up in California on your court date and try to negotiate it down to a speeding violation. Colorado will not enter a speeding violation but they will show a reckless.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">