• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Seller of boat will not give me the Title

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stdjr

What is the name of your state? Florida

I recently purchased a boat and a tralier. When the seller brought the boat over I paid for it and got a bill of sale. He said that he was unable to find the title, but he would look some more and if he can't find it he will go to DMV and get a new one.

In Florida I can not register the boat without the previous title, but DMV said that the seller and I could go to the office together and he could get a new title and transfer it to me and I could register it then. I contacted the seller last Monday and we agreed that later in the week we would get together to do this.

The Seller has not answered my emails or my phone messages since that Monday.

The reason he said he was selling the boat was because he was moving at of town. I am afraid he is going to leave town without ever getting me the title to this boat.

DMV said that the seller could sign Power of Attorney over to me just for the boat, and then I could take care of it. I sent the seller this info as well, but still no response.

What can I do?

Thanks...

JETX

"What can I do...."
Options:
1) Send 'Vito' to visit him.....
or
2) Take your paperwork and go visit him to get the signatures....
or
3) Contact a local attorney to write him a 'demand' letter.....
or
4) Go to court and file a lawsuit... and have him served BEFORE he moves.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">