• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how long after probate in Alabama

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

missourihick

My grandmother passed away last year and the will went through the 6 month Alabama probate period.I was wanting to know how long after the probate thing is done will I get my share. The house was already sold and the money went into a probate account and the court is supposed to divide the money. I just want to know how long I should wait before hounding the court's secratary.
Thank you.

M

missourihick

I should have proof read my earlier post, it makes me sound greedy and impatient. It has been 9 months since grandmas will went into probate and Al only does 6 months in probate. I called the judges office and his secretary told me to contact my lawyer,so I did and she said she would dictate a letter to the judges office and see what is the hold up. This is all new to me ,so please don'tflame for stupid questions, I'm sure there'll be more.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">