• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

eBay Issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

maseeh

What is the name of your state? California
On May 17 I stumbled across an eBay auction for a laptop. I decided I wanted to purchase this laptop for my home so I decided to contact the seller. I contacted the seller that evening about 2 hours before the auction ended to confirm the specs. The seller confirmed that all the specs were that of the one I was going to receive if I was winning bidder. I went ahead and I purchased the laptop, and provided an extra 25 dollars so the seller would send it faster. About 7 days later I received the item, and noticed it was significantly misrepresented. For example, Original Specifications were
1.8 ghz Amd Athlon XP
512 mb Of ram
128 Mb video card
40 gb harddrive
I received:
1.7 ghz Intel Celeron
448 mb of ram
64 mb video card

I reported a complaint with paypal who notified me they can do nothing about misrepresented items. Ebay safe harbor can only get 200 dollars of my money back, and they charge a 25 dollar processing fee. I filed a complaint with the IFCC as well. Is there anything else I can do? I am a 15 year old, freshmen, It took me a while to get that money, Is there a way a lawsuit can be filed?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

We don't care about E-Bay legal problems. When you decide to purchase something from someone, a stranger, on the Internet - - especially when they're across State lines - - then you're asking for a world of problems.

Kiss your money good-bye, and from now on, buy locally.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">