• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Expired registration question...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

winman302

I posted this on 'moving violations' part and no one responded yet so I guess I'll try this over here.

I bought an SUV in late 2000. I moved to Detroit shortly thereafter and didn't drive it very much so I didn't feel like I needed to get it registered. We moved to Florida last year. Long story short, I want to know how to get it registered, and I want to know if I'll be in any trouble for it being extremely expired. I called the tag office and they said you have to get a form and a police officer has to come out and sign something. Am I over reacting or what?

Thanks in advance.

Souix

winman302 said:
I posted this on 'moving violations' part and no one responded yet so I guess I'll try this over here.

I bought an SUV in late 2000. I moved to Detroit shortly thereafter and didn't drive it very much so I didn't feel like I needed to get it registered. We moved to Florida last year. Long story short, I want to know how to get it registered, and I want to know if I'll be in any trouble for it being extremely expired. I called the tag office and they said you have to get a form and a police officer has to come out and sign something. Am I over reacting or what?

Thanks in advance.

***Yes you are over-reacting, what are you afraid of?***

W

winman302

HA HA...Its called paranoia! That's just me! I just want to be clean. I do a radio show and I hear callers say all kinds of things why they get into trouble. I've heard it all and after a while you begin to wonder about the law. I called a police officer in Texas today who's a friend of mine and told him the situation and he laughed and said you'd get a ticket and you'd be on the way. When I called Friday, she said if you got pulled over you'd get the car impounded, your tag would be yanked and you would go to jail. That's why I'm so curious about this stuff, because sometimes the average person may not know and end up in some serious crap. . . albeit for being stupid like me, but sometimes being stupid shouldn't warrant going to jail!

Souix

winman302 said:
HA HA...Its called paranoia! That's just me! I just want to be clean. I do a radio show and I hear callers say all kinds of things why they get into trouble. I've heard it all and after a while you begin to wonder about the law. I called a police officer in Texas today who's a friend of mine and told him the situation and he laughed and said you'd get a ticket and you'd be on the way. When I called Friday, she said if you got pulled over you'd get the car impounded, your tag would be yanked and you would go to jail. That's why I'm so curious about this stuff, because sometimes the average person may not know and end up in some serious crap. . . albeit for being stupid like me, but sometimes being stupid shouldn't warrant going to jail!

***Well, I guess the answer is pretty simple. Go get the tag or go to jail :) ...good luck!***

W

winman302

I called the Orange County DMV and asked if I could spend the night...they declined! Smart ass! HA!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">