• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful death

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rghjudi

What is the name of your state? New York
My sister who is a registerd nurse had taken my mother in a six month period of time to nine different physicians, one physician stated her health was excellent and prescribed vicadin & celebrex for her arthritusH. another prescribed morphine in the very same month, I'm sure the others prescribed something similar. all of these medications the same side effect of constipation. A blockage had built up as it caused her intestines to rupture, had to have emergency surgery which left her dementia and screaming out in pain for 54 days before death. Her only complaint was arthritus but not severe enough that uld keep her from climbing a flight of stars several times a day unaided. know that the combination of these drugs is lethal, there had to have been symtons of distress, signs a nurse would certainly recognize.
Do you think I would have a case of wrongful death? There is no one left in our family but my sister and I, that is no one who would care to look into this

racer72

This sounds like a case of doctor trolling, seeing different doctors over a short period of time to obtain prescription medications to keep up with the "habit". Unless you want to see your mother drug through the mud, your best option would be to drop the case. If she had been seeing one physician during this period, I would be willing to speculate the problems would not have happened.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">