• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Get out of jail?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Brinn

Texas -

My fiancee was arrested a few days ago on a warrant for failing to pay his child support payment. Is there any way that I can get him out of jail, soon? Do I have to retain a lawyer? Circumstances: He is an only child left w/out any blood relatives and recently lost his mother. He hasn't been able to work because he spent the past two years caring for her (as did I). Because the home we shared was in her name, we had to move out (probate) and left us pretty much homeless for a while. He took the last $19k out of his trust fund and paid off his entire balance of back child support pay, which added further stress on our situation, but fulfilled his obligations to the court. The total amount he owes, now, is $1000 and that we can't afford. The Atty General's office told him over the phone to make a $500 payment and they would remove the warrant. That was just prior to his arrest. I called the jail and they said no bond has been set for him. I'm having to borrow the $500, which could take up to a week to get. What are our options?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">