• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drugs and kids

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

beatertruck

I live in Indiana. My question is my fiance has a 3 year old son. And like most moms she drives him around all the time. Well she smokes marijuana. Not much only a couple times a month. But from what I have heard no matter if u smoke all the time or every once in a while that it stays in your system up to 45 days. My concern is if she gets in an accident while her son is with her and they test her postive for marijuana, will she possibly lose her son? Or if somehow the police search her house and find drugs while she is with her son, what will that do to him? I want her to quit smoking and I'm trying to prove to her that the risk of losing her son is so great that she needs to quit. She don't believe me so I'm asking for some help to prove to her that she could lose him for good because of something this stupid.

Last edited:

CdwJava

Since nobody here can predict the future, we can only guess. My guess is that if she were convicted of driving under the influence of a controlled substance she would also (possibly) be charged with child endangerment and COULD lose her son. I know I would charge her with child endangerment in CA.

WOULD she lose her son? Probably not ... the first time around. COULD she? Possibly.

Carl

M

mreman

Just so you know

We are all hoping she loses her kid. If she is willing to drive DUI with her kid in the car, I hope she gets arrested and he is taken away.

nextwife

Agreed! There is NO excuse for driving impaired. Especially with our little kiddos in the car. Tell her to smoke her pot (if she must) at home, at night, AFTER her child is alseep and she will not be driving!

Ya know, I missed hitting a deer that ran out between some shrubs right in front of me Monday by literally inches (could have been a child, too, you know). My child was in the back in her booster seat. I had to instantly assess whether I could safely smash on my brakes and swerve at an angle into the turn lane without being hit head on. One CANNOT do that impaired!

snostar

Click on the search feature of this site. For the keyword enter "drugs." Below that in the drop down bos select Search Titles Only. Then select FAMILY LAW for the forum. You will find a plethora of “real life” posts on this subject.

D

doppelganger_me

mreman said:
We are all hoping she loses her kid. If she is willing to drive DUI with her kid in the car, I hope she gets arrested and he is taken away.
:mad: its people like you that are pathetic and think manditory minimum sentences is what will help americas drug problem. well just so you know PRISON DOSE NOT CURE ADDICTION!!! treatment and a willingness to be drug free is all that will cure an addicts addiction!!!

M

Meursault

And reviving a dead thread to post this drivel helped?

Listen, either go back to Germany where you can smoke until your head explodes or shut the hell up.

snostar

doppelganger_me said:
:mad: its people like you that are pathetic and think manditory minimum sentences is what will help americas drug problem. well just so you know PRISON DOSE NOT CURE ADDICTION!!! treatment and a willingness to be drug free is all that will cure an addicts addiction!!!
News Flash: There is no "cure" for addiction, once an addict always addict!

Every addict or drunk has a bottom, and for some that is jail, or losing their children. BTW, the principles of a 12 step program are willingness, open-mindedness and honesty.

L

lowlife

Prison stands for DEPARTMENT of REHABILITATION an CORRECTIONS in my eyes being a ex-con Prison is a good place to send criminals like me so we(criminals) can talk about your cases an know of a way not to get caught the next time :D

S

Sambo83

She isn't DUI. The OP meant that since she smokes marijuana, and you can test positive weeks after smoking, even if she is not high at the time she is driving, she could still test positive for marijuana. Would this constitute a DUI?

CdwJava

Sambo83 said:
She isn't DUI. The OP meant that since she smokes marijuana, and you can test positive weeks after smoking, even if she is not high at the time she is driving, she could still test positive for marijuana. Would this constitute a DUI?
By itself, no. But with erratic driving, it might.

Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">