• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need a divorce asap

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lisaj_rob

Florida - I am a UK citizen and recently married a US Citizen. It was all done in haste and I quickly returned to UK, I know need to get out of this marriage and do not know how to do so as the petitions I have read state that the spouse must have lived in Florida for a minimum of 6 months!

I have also been told by a UK attorney that the marriage is not legal outside of US.

Can anyone help me? :confused:

M

Meursault

I have also been told by a UK attorney that the marriage is not legal outside of US.
And on which internet forum were you told this?

I have read state that the spouse must have lived in Florida for a minimum of 6 months!
The petitioner for divorce must have lived in florida for six months.

Other than these two issues, I will not comment since you are now in the UK and their laws preside.

while you are at it...

give us some of the juicy details...

Did you wake up and find that you had married a transsexual? In the closet? Certified wife beater?

Might you have thought things through before you went and got married..? Good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">