• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about Depositing check in Joint Account

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JJRUBIO

CA.
I am in the middle of a divorce. I have a question. While my wife and I were seperated she received a check from a previous job she had quit. She asked me to deposit it in our account, since she was no longer living with me. I did deposit it. She ended up taking out all the money in the account anyways since it was a joint accunt and she had access. Now almost 2 years later she is complaining that I better give her more money or she's going to take me to court for depositing her check in the bank and signing her name ( which is a common practice of married couples). Can she really do that? or is she just trying to bleed me of more money. She has stalled the divorce for 2 years already, and she keeps blackmailing me.

What I want to know is...

What is she going to take you to court for... depositing her check? Now, for some tough love...

Grow a backbone, say you aren't going to give her a thing, and get that divorce finalized ASAP...

You sound like a decent fellow, she sounds manipulative, and no one should have to put up with that. Now, get the ball rolling and good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">