• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Juvenile Shoplifter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lvzwlvz

What is the name of your state?Wy

I was informed by the police this afternoon that my 13 year old daughter got caught stealing 2 candy bars at our local grocery store. He told me that we have a court date set in July and a $300 fine! YIKES!!! What's gonna happen to her now & what will happen if I can't afford to pay the fine? Anyone know?

n_and

If she's never been in trouble before, chances are the judge will file the case after a year assuming she stays out of trouble. Fines can be paid in installments in most cases. Why not make your daughter get a job and pay it off herself...it will also keep her out of trouble.

Good Luck.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
n_and said:
Why not make your daughter get a job and pay it off herself...it will also keep her out of trouble.
Oh yeah, definitely! With summer coming, it won't even interfere with school!

M

Meursault

When I got caught 'lifting' a case of beer from the Exchange in Ramstein AFB Germany in 1964 my parents marched me back to the PX and we had a 'come to Jesus' with the manager.

Charges were dropped and I mopped floors, scrubbed toilets and did every kind of menial job imaginable for three months until my debt of $12 was paid in full.

Guess what I never did again? :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">