• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce on basis of spouse abandonement?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PR24

What is the name of your state? CA

I have a friend who has been married for only 2 years before her husband cleared out their bank accounts and sold their assets and move out of the country and now is no where to be found. She could use some help as to the laws on getting a divorce without having him to be there. She has no way of getting in touch with him. Does anyone know the process she needs to take and how long it will take for her to be divorced? The problem is she is a new immigrant that has a INS interview for her 10 year green card renewal in October and since her husband will not be there she is afraid that she will get deported. She does have boyfriend that said he would marry her but she needs to get a divorce. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PR24

I'm not sure if this should have gone under the immigration forum or this one. I was told to seek a divorce lawyer so here I am.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">