• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Claims to estate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

whatsagirltodo

What is the name of your state?WI

Hi, Mom died in sept. 2002. Than in Oct. of 2002 will went into probate than end of Oct 2002 Notice to Creditors was filed and published, later on no claims were made. Now that brings us to now..estate was to close in april, never did. Executor is claiming 20 moths after mom's death that he is getting papers from lawyers at the credit card company(this is a revolving credit card). My best guess since he(executor) said no claims were filed and credit card company knew she has passed away and that probate closed or was suppose to months ago, why would they send something now? I am guessing he wants the item purchased on the card, but that was already distributed. My guess he wants it for himself. He is saying he will pay the card company....so he can have the item....but i do not think he is gonna pay a cent as far as i know the credit card company washed their hands of it only $4,000. He just wants it back so i end up with nothing. Any help would be great!!! Thanks for taking the time!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">