• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do get court order for BBB records?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ohana

FL

Am being sued by a tree service company for remaining payment for work that they did not complete, which will initially go to mediation.

Am going to file counterclaim for costs to finish job.

In preparing for mediation, I have learned the company has unsatisfactory record with BBB for not answering prior complaints, but BBB says I need court order to open their records on this company.

May I, (and how do I) get a court order to show to see these records to show this company has a track record of questionable service and business practices?

Thanks.

M

Meursault

Subpoena duces Tecum but when you file your request you will have to show that the third-party records have relevance to the current case.

Write the BBB a certified (RRR) requresting the records then with their reply, submit this as well as your subpoena request to the court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">