• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Manny123

What is the name of your state? TEXAS

A few months ago I was selling my car and had it parked at a used car dealer's lot. The parking ticket was issued to someone using my car at the time. I confronted the owner of the lot but he denied any wrong doing. What are my rights and can I sue?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Manny123 said:
What is the name of your state? TEXAS

What are my rights and can I sue?

My response:

You have the "right" to sue, and you should. The only problem is proving that it wasn't you that caused the Ticket. Kind of difficult to do.

IAAL

M

Manny123

Well...

not only did they get a parking ticket but several weeks ago, I recieved a toll both ticket. I took the ticket to him and he paid it since he know I was ticked off. See I neglected to say that the reason I took my car out of his lot was because I found out they had put 1000 miles on my car. 1000 miles!..for the few weeks it was there!!! that's not right....

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Manny123 said:
not only did they get a parking ticket but several weeks ago, I recieved a toll both ticket. I took the ticket to him and he paid it since he know I was ticked off. See I neglected to say that the reason I took my car out of his lot was because I found out they had put 1000 miles on my car. 1000 miles!..for the few weeks it was there!!! that's not right....

My response:

Okay, so .......

What are you going to do?

IAAL

M

Manny123

That's why I'm here...

I want to know if I take it to small claims will I have a shot a winning. How will I prove my case. Unfortunately, I didn't sign any contract. And will they have to provide any records. He told me he has records of everyone who test drives a car. But will he bring that info to court...and will it be accurate, if you know what I mean...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">