• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Noise

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

neighborc

What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state?Indiana

We live across the street from a little league field. While we enjoy listening to the chatter of the children, the loudspeaker seems to be set much too high for its intended coverage area. It is shockingly loud for blocks past their property and will startle you through closed windows with air conditioning running. Is there a limit to the decibel level for the square footage or area of their property?

Also, the system seems to be used for unnecessary announcements; to tell jokes, to whistle, to play rock music before the grounds open. As early as 6:30 on Sunday morning. We want to be good neighbors, but we can no longer enjoy our yard or our sleep.

H

hoenave

I'm wondering about a similar problem in CA. The school next door (in our residential neighborhood) clearly violates the law on decibals, and PA use, but I don't know if schools have some kind of exemption from the local public nusance laws.

N

njliving

I have been able to get very helpful information regarding ordinances, laws, or codes through the county health commission. I am actually having somewhat a similar problem, with noise, that i posed under condos and co-ops forum.

HomeGuru

neighborc said:
What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state?Indiana

We live across the street from a little league field. While we enjoy listening to the chatter of the children, the loudspeaker seems to be set much too high for its intended coverage area. It is shockingly loud for blocks past their property and will startle you through closed windows with air conditioning running. Is there a limit to the decibel level for the square footage or area of their property?

Also, the system seems to be used for unnecessary announcements; to tell jokes, to whistle, to play rock music before the grounds open. As early as 6:30 on Sunday morning. We want to be good neighbors, but we can no longer enjoy our yard or our sleep.

**A: contact your local health dept and the EPA.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">