• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Seatbelt ticket questions....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I guess this would fall under moving violation. I am in CA, got a seatbelt ticket today on the Freeway. I have gotten one before, but it was almost 3 years ago. I know this seems redundant, but would this recent one count as a subsequent offense?(I don't know if there is a time limit, etc. for offenses falling off your record) Also, is it a moving violation that I can go to traffic school for?
Lastly, what is the fine? From what I can tell, the bail amount is $20 if first offense, $50 for susequent, and a penalty... what would the penalty amount be?

Anway, thanks for the help guys!

Jimmy1134

The fine is stiff. A driver can receive a point against a driving record and face a maximum fine of $371 for a first offense and $871 for a second offense. Fortunately, nearly nine of 10 Californians buckle up, one of the best ratios in the country. Unfortunately, young people are least likely to put on their seat belts, and more than 5,600 people ages 16 to 20 died in fatal crashes last year, a 6 percent increase from the previous year

Not a moving violation but if a child is not wearing a seat belt or in a safety seat, the driver would be ticketed and that is considered a moving violation.

T

t9035768

I heard across the county the police are cracking down on seat belt violators. Here in Illinois it is now a serious moving offense to not be wearing your seatbelt.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">