• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ebay fraud?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

vfib71

What is the name of your state? Florida
I used to sell electronic's on ebay, mostly digital cameras, camcorders & computers and related accessories. I no longer sell as I was defauded several times myself. I woud find a good deal that I could make a little profit on I would buy and resell. I had about 63 auctions all of which were positive except for one in which the buyer claimed he never received and I filed a claim. UPS investigated and denied the claim as they said the item was delivered. I thought that was the end of it. The buyer went on and contacted many of my buyers and potential buyers and told them not to buy from me. They also reported me to a fraud reporting center and I was recently visited by my local detectives who told me they had three people who claim they didn't receive anything from me. I know that the items were sent my my wife or me. Here's my big problem, I have absolutely no proof of me shipping them. Once things were completed I threw everything away. The only thing I can come up with is credit card receipts for UPS and US Mail when I didn't have enough cash on me. But these don't show where the items were going. I don't even have an e-mail or any communication from the buyers. I contacted UPS and they told me without a tracking # or claim # it was impossible to verify any information on delivery. The detectives offered me the chance to pay them back without criminal charges if I did so. Here's my problem, #1, I ethically don't feel I should pay anybody if I don't owe them and #2, I finacially can't afford it as I'm now going through a divorce and trying to get custody of my kid's who live with me now. I live check to check supporting them and have a real problem paying people off so I don't get arrested. I feel like I'm being extorted by the Police! I also work for the county and could lose my job if arrested as well as custody of my kids. I'm also afraid that if I pay them off I'm basically admitting I'm guilty. What should I do? :mad:

djohnson

Learn to keep receipts in any business. Cases aren't won and lost on your ethical feelings. If they have have proof and you have nothing, they win. Your not going to get a lot of response as ebay has been done to death in these forums. Try scanning for more information. What I'm telling you is standard, irregardless of ebay.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">