• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Irate Neighbor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JoelDavid

What is the name of your state? California
My wife and I recently purchased raw land and are planning to start construction soon. While visiting the site, which we've fenced due to soils testing, one of our new "neighbors" across the street (which is 250 ft away)started screaming at me to get the 'f' out of there, 'f' you and lastly "I'll shut you down". It sent shivers down my spine. Can he do that? If so...what do we do to head him off, and if not, what can I do about him? We are expecting our first child, I'm not to comfortable with this guy.

M

Meursault

Can he do that? Well, since he did I guess he can. So the question is what are you going to do about it?

nextwife

Hey, when I bought my house, the looney neighbor ran across the street when we were taking photos of the block and the house . My friend was the trust representative who opened the house for us, and the neighbor was screaming that they should not sell to us because her son, the surgeon, would buy it and live across the street (yeah right, he won't even live in the same state she's in!). And screamed at us that "it was illegal for us to take pictures of other peoples houses" etc. So what? We ignored her and love our house. She's looney toons with everyone knows it (she calls the police on someone at least once a week). She wasn't about to stop me with her big mouth from doing what I wanted.

Don't be a wus. Tell big-mouth that if he has a legal beef to let you know what it is and why, that you do not appreciate profanity and have done nothing to him to warrant it's use, and that you are going to be his neighbor, so it would make more sense to treat each other with courtesy. And then tell him to leave you the hell alone on YOUR land!!!!!!!

Last edited:
J

JoelDavid

We're trying NOT to be antagonistic, so are there legal ways to protect my family from a nutty neighbor rather than getting into a confrontation. I dont think this guy will respond well to reason, and I'm more worried about keeping my cool should a situation arise again. Help me do it right for once, I'm used to the "dont be a wus" - thing.

Last edited:
M

Meursault

Nothing in your post points to any legal recourse. Of course, if you want to be the 'litigous' neighbor, you could sue him for being a jerk.

move on and forget it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">