• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nephew claims executor of astate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TAZDREAMER

What is the name of your state? Arkansas

My nephew claims to be executor of my mothers astate. He also claims to have hired an out of town lawer and had a new will drawn up excludind my sister and I. I called my mothers attorny and asked if her will was changed or modified and was told no changes were made. My mother is not at full mental capacity. Can he leagaly do this and if so what happens to her origanal will?
He also has a long criminal record and is a convited felon if this has any bearing.

M

Meursault

He is running a scam on you. Ignore him and have your mother's attorney oversee her care.

A felon cannot be an executor and any will that 'surfaces' once mother is found to be incompetent, is worthless.

Dandy Don

Ask mother where her original will is and whether this brother has access to it. You need to seriously consider having a newer will drafted that specifically revokes the previous designation of brother being executor and replace him with someone else and mention why in the will (his specific shenanigans in supposedly having another will drawn up that disinherited other family members). If you don't do anything and brother produces his will and if the language is specific enough to disinherit the other family members, then it is going to be costly for the disinherited family members to contest.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">