• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ticket Brokering

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bigleftie

What is the name of your state?I live in NJ.

I am curious about becoming a Ticket Broker.

I can't find information on the laws of my state, but I do know that there are many ticket brokers in NJ ( you can see them on National Association of Ticket Brokers ).

I know that eBay does not allow ticket buyers/sellers to violate the law.

Any information would be appreciated.

R

raoff777

Selling Tickets

New Jersey is one of the hardest places to become a ticket broker but it can be done. It is not necessarily difficult to do business there (especially with all of the sports teams and big concerts) but the state is one of the most aggressive in going after resellers who violate their 20% rule. New York and Illinois are other states that tend to make it difficult for resellers in one way or another. There is acutally a campaign here to try to encourage all states to loosen their restrictions so small time ticket brokers can conduct business and allow for some competition against the price gouging monopolies that co-exist with licensing laws.

Hope that helps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">