• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A question about what charges I can file.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gdibble

What is the name of your state? VA

My fiance's sister was dropping off a few friends when a neighbor of the people she was dropping off came out of his house, jumped on the hood of her Lexus and began attacking the car. He used his elbow to break the front windsheild, side mirrors, several scratched on the hood, and numerous dents as well. The estimated damage is over 2000 dollars. Other than an assult and damage charges, what else can she charge him for. The person who attacked her was a high school student, and had been drinking excesivlly. The police were not called until the next day, 06/03/04, so underage drinking, drunk in public, and any other alcohol charges could probably not be charged, right? Could the parents of the individual be held accountable being is they were drinking at their house? I would appreciate the help, thank you. You can email me at [email protected] for a quicker response. Thanks

CdwJava

It sounds like they could at least be charged with vandalism and liable for the damages. That is, unless they have some sort of 'good reason' why they did what they did.

However, if there is no proof (i.e. they are only suspected of the crime and were not witnessed doing it at all), then it may be much harder unless one of the twits rolsl on the other.

Carl

Beth3

He used his ELBOW to break the front windshield? :eek: That must be one hell of an elbow that kid has.

dequeendistress

I am amazed by those who wait a day to call the police! Your complaints on the drinking and such could have been addressed had someone called when this incident occurred as it stands now, supposition means nothing.

VR_Hunter

gdibble said:
What is the name of your state? VA

My fiance's sister was dropping off a few friends when a neighbor of the people she was dropping off came out of his house, jumped on the hood of her Lexus and began attacking the car. He used his elbow to break the front windsheild, side mirrors, several scratched on the hood, and numerous dents as well. The estimated damage is over 2000 dollars. Other than an assult and damage charges, what else can she charge him for. The person who attacked her was a high school student, and had been drinking excesivlly. The police were not called until the next day, 06/03/04, so underage drinking, drunk in public, and any other alcohol charges could probably not be charged, right? Could the parents of the individual be held accountable being is they were drinking at their house? I would appreciate the help, thank you. You can email me at [email protected] for a quicker response. Thanks
So what you are saying is; both this kid, your fiance and the people she was dropping off (one or all) had been under the influence of something and that is why they waited a day to call the police. I mean a Lexus is being trashed and we waited a day to call the police so the kid could sober up? Pllleeeeaaasse. Tell the whole truth when looking for answers or you will get false information or nothing at all.

D

Donuts

VR_Hunter said:
So what you are saying is; both this kid, your fiance and the people she was dropping off (one or all) had been under the influence of something and that is why they waited a day to call the police. I mean a Lexus is being trashed and we waited a day to call the police so the kid could sober up? Pllleeeeaaasse. Tell the whole truth when looking for answers or you will get false information or nothing at all.

That just about summed it up. Where you also under the influence of drugs or alcohol? I mean when she got home her parents didnt notice the Lexus got banged up?

Yes that boy sure has a strong elbow wow :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">