• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pls help with "small" matter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

robde

What is the name of your state? PA
My girlfriend and I broke up. I had lived with her in her home for nine months.
During that time she never once asked me for rent or other. When I could I did help out, but my finances are tight due to my divorce and subsequent child support. Now she has changed the locks and I still have alot of my daughter's and my own stuff there. She now states I owe her $750.00 for a plane ticket she bought for me in September. It seems that she is holding my stuff for ransom? Any advise on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

robde said:
What is the name of your state? PA
My girlfriend and I broke up. I had lived with her in her home for nine months.
During that time she never once asked me for rent or other. When I could I did help out, but my finances are tight due to my divorce and subsequent child support. Now she has changed the locks and I still have alot of my daughter's and my own stuff there. She now states I owe her $750.00 for a plane ticket she bought for me in September. It seems that she is holding my stuff for ransom? Any advise on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

My response:

Sue her, and explain all of this to a Small Claims court judge. Simple.

IAAL

R

robde

sue her...

PA

Can this be done w/o a lawyer?
I have tried to resolve this matter with her but to no avail.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

robde said:
PA

Can this be done w/o a lawyer?
I have tried to resolve this matter with her but to no avail.

My response:

Sure it can be done without a lawyer. Small Claims court is the "People's Court". Watch some t.v. and get some tips - - or, you can purchase a book on the subject from your local bookstore.

IAAL

R

robde

possible fly in the oinment

her uncle is a "big time" judge, would that hinder me at all?
I was screwed in my divorce so I am sceptical of the court system.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">