• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rights of neighbor who has water line easement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

buffysmith10

What is the name of your state? Colorado

We just bought a house and found out that our neighbor has a town water line easement on a 10ft section of our property. She told me that they were going to tear out the old water line and put a new one in. That means that they will be tearing up my land. She also said that part of her water line runs through my front lawn.

My questions are: Does she have to put the property back into the same type condition it was in before?

Can she start to dig it up and then leave it for a long period of time?

We were going to put a fence around the rest of the property including that 10ft section of land. What are the possible problems with that?

She doesn't have the right to be on my property unless specifically doing something to the water line. Correct?

M

Meursault

My questions are: Does she have to put the property back into the same type condition it was in before?
Yes

Can she start to dig it up and then leave it for a long period of time?
Define long period of time.

We were going to put a fence around the rest of the property including that 10ft section of land. What are the possible problems with that?
The fence could be torn down to gain access to the water line.

She doesn't have the right to be on my property unless specifically doing something to the water line. Correct?
Correct

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">