• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

The Ex is Hiding Assets / Income !!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gkcima

What is the name of your state?california

the ex is hiding financial info to avoid paying support. He runs a partnership that owns a financial services business which does a large amount of business, but hides the money in accounts and claims zero income on his own personal taxes.

what can i do?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Hire an investigator to locate his assets. You may need to also hire a forensic accountant to "follow the money trail" as your evidence. Of course, this is presuming that you've already served him with an Income and Expense Declaration, taken his Deposition, and had him served with Interrogatories.

IAAL

G

gkcima

Thank you so much for the response...
Do you happen to know:

What type of "investigator"?
What's the best way to find one?
How much can it cost? (I don't have lots of $)

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

gkcima said:
Thank you so much for the response...
Do you happen to know:

What type of "investigator"?
What's the best way to find one?
How much can it cost? (I don't have lots of $)

My response:

If you don't have "lots of money", then all of this is just mental masturbation. The experts that I mentioned, and even those I haven't, can cost thousands and thousands of dollars. And that doesn't even include the necessary litigation!

Obviously, you don't have, nor can afford, an attorney. You can't handle all of this on your own.

Save up or borrow about $10,000.00; and that's just for starters. Then, we'll have something to talk about.

IAAL

M

Meursault

$10,000?

Hell, a good Forensic Accountant will snap that up in a month or two. And if the accounts are offshore, well, hope she has kids to mortgage. :eek:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Meursault said:
$10,000?

Hell, a good Forensic Accountant will snap that up in a month or two. And if the accounts are offshore, well, hope she has kids to mortgage. :eek:

My response:

I guess you missed the part of my response where I said, ". . . and that's just for starters."

I wasn't about to go into a detailed analysis of this person's action. For that, I want to see $325.00/per hour, plus costs, against a $7,500.00 Retainer on my desk.
IAAL

M

Meursault

Would you settle for a Molson on ice and homemade Picante :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">