• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i wnat a divorce but

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

iwant out now

What is the name of your state? Missouri

It is very obvious that my wife and i cannot continue to be married. I want to file for a divorce but she is 6 months pregnant. We have no other property other than that.
Question 1 can i move out now
Question 2 how hard will it be to fight for custody of the baby
Question 3 if i do move it will i be looked down upon by the court and judge.

What is my best course of action?
Please help me.

Last edited:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
If you move out of the home w/o any sort of temporary or permanent custody order, you can pretty well kiss custody goodbye. As it is, depending on the age of the child (since you say baby, I'm assuming pretty young), you're going to have a long row to hoe in gaining primary custody unless you can prove Mom unfit (and if you move out, leaving the child with her, you're saying she's fit to raise the child). In theory, you both have the same rights wrt the child and you could technically move out and take him/her with you - but I would talk to a lawyer before doing that. It may not sit well with a judge. Unfortunately, she could probably do that with impunity. Also, be very cautious that you don't give her anything that she could use to accuse you of domestic violence - no matter the provocation, walk away.

You really need to get the ball rolling yourself - see a lawyer and find out what he advises wrt what you want as far as custody, what your odds are with your specific situation and the best way to proceed. You may also want to take some time to browse around www.deltabravo.net which has some very good resources for fathers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">