• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contracted STD(s) from served food

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

v1ct1MM

What is the name of your state?Connecticut

I have a problem and I need to know what my rights are. This incident occured about a week ago. I ordered food from a strip joint where there was a young man working as the "cook". I ordered a sandwich which he brought out from the kitchen.

Soon afterwards he came out again and smirked at me, as if he had done something to the food I was eating. I've been tested for STD's shortly beforehand because I am engaged and wanted to ensure I was clean, which I was. I've been faithful to my fiance for years, and now after eating in this place I have an STD. Now she has also been diseased, raising further problems for me and my family. I desparatly need to know what I can do to seek justice and proceed with legal action against the individual and/or establishment which allowed this incident to occur.

I believe I must be entitled to damages, and I question whether I am the only victim to be infected. I pray I haven't contracted AIDS but it's too early for tests to show. I believe it should be manslaughter if that is the case.

I have paperwork from "Planned Parenthood" showing negative results of my testing prior to the date, and also paperwork showing infection after the date. I also have credit card and ATM transactions from the club on the day in question. The responsible individual must also have matching diseases.

I searched everywhere and there seems to be a lack of information regarding a case like this. I'm very upset about this and I am considering taking matters into my own hands. I hope you all can help me.

Shay-Pari'e

v1ct1MM said:
What is the name of your state?Connecticut

I have a problem and I need to know what my rights are. This incident occured about a week ago. I ordered food from a strip joint where there was a young man working as the "cook". I ordered a sandwich which he brought out from the kitchen.

Soon afterwards he came out again and smirked at me, as if he had done something to the food I was eating. I've been tested for STD's shortly beforehand because I am engaged and wanted to ensure I was clean, which I was. I've been faithful to my fiance for years, and now after eating in this place I have an STD. Now she has also been diseased, raising further problems for me and my family. I desparatly need to know what I can do to seek justice and proceed with legal action against the individual and/or establishment which allowed this incident to occur.

I believe I must be entitled to damages, and I question whether I am the only victim to be infected. I pray I haven't contracted AIDS but it's too early for tests to show. I believe it should be manslaughter if that is the case.

I have paperwork from "Planned Parenthood" showing negative results of my testing prior to the date, and also paperwork showing infection after the date. I also have credit card and ATM transactions from the club on the day in question. The responsible individual must also have matching diseases.

I searched everywhere and there seems to be a lack of information regarding a case like this. I'm very upset about this and I am considering taking matters into my own hands. I hope you all can help me.

You have seriously got to be kidding. You are correct that there is a lack of information on this subject.

V

v1ct1MM

How is this so unbelievable? This is not a joke.
If this is the type of reaction I can expect from a real attorney I will just go there and make justice myself.

Shay-Pari'e

v1ct1MM said:
How is this so unbelievable? This is not a joke.
If this is the type of reaction I can expect from a real attorney I will just go there and make justice myself.
I am not an attorney, and you are correct, it is not a joke. What exactly do you mean about making "Justice for Yourself"?

V

v1ct1MM

Thank you.. no this seriously happened to me and I am going to find a lawyer and file a police report. If they try to tell me there is nothing I can do then I know where this guy is and what he looks like and I will beat on him, hopefully to death.

Shay-Pari'e

v1ct1MM said:
Thank you.. no this seriously happened to me and I am going to find a lawyer and file a police report. If they try to tell me there is nothing I can do then I know where this guy is and what he looks like and I will beat on him, hopefully to death.
You are a dangerous person, and can only hope that you get help.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Myth: You can catch an STD from a toilet seat, telephone or other object used by an infected person.

Fact: STDs are transmitted by vaginal, anal and oral sex. Some STDs may spread to a baby during pregnancy, childbirth or breast-feeding. Herpes can be transmitted by kissing, if herpes blisters are in the mouth. Hepatitis B, syphilis and HIV (the AIDS virus) can be spread by sharing needles. STDs are not spread by handshakes, hugs, toilet seats, towels, dishes, telephone receivers or insect bites.

V

v1ct1MM

I don't know what you're getting at but I'm fairly certain he pleasured himself in my sandwich. Sperm can transmit every known STD.

Shay-Pari'e

v1ct1MM said:
I don't know what you're getting at but I'm fairly certain he pleasured himself in my sandwich. Sperm can transmit every known STD.
If someone pleasured themselves in your sandwich, don't you think you would have noticed?

Is your girlfriend standing right next to you?

CdwJava

So ... you are basing you assumption that he pleasured himself in your sandwich based on a "smirk"? That's it?

Sorry, but if you came to my department to "report" this incident, we would hand you the phone book and say talk to an attorney and sue him. Without some evidence, the allegation would not go anywhere. Perhaps if you had saved the sandwich.

And why THIS place? A strip joint? I am sure that you ate at a number of fast food places and sit down restaurants over the months or weeks prior to this discovery. Why THIS place and none of the others? Because of a smirk?

Sorry, but I'm afraid that unless you fork over a lot of money up front, you just are not going to get a lot of support for a lawsuit ... and certainly NO criminal charges based on this.

Now, I may be wrong, but, my cynical nature tells me that this ain't the whole truth. Perhaps a little extra curricular activity and a cover story that you have now gotten stuck in to?

I don't know the answer, but I doubt that anyone is going to believe this story - even on the (very) off chance that it might be true.

Carl

V

v1ct1MM

This is actually true.
"Without some evidence"
Yes I would have to assume this to be where I got the disease.
So you suggest that this kid should just get away with diseasing random customers because there is no proof? And should murderers also walk when you can't piece together the evidence? Is the fact that he has the same disease any evidence? The fact he was working when I used my credit card to buy the food he prepared?
That's fine if the legal system fails me I will shoot the *******, then we'll see who's smirking.

Last edited:

Shay-Pari'e

v1ct1MM said:
This is actually true.
"Without some evidence"
Yes I would have to assume this to be where I got the disease.
So you suggest that this kid should just get away with diseasing random customers because there is no proof? And should murderers also walk when you can't piece together the evidence? Is the fact that he has the same disease any evidence? The fact he was working when I used my credit card to buy the food he prepared?
How did you find out that this cook has the same disease?

V

v1ct1MM

I didn't yet, that would come out if he was investigated. Maybe I should go back before pressing charges and order more food, this time send it back and ask for extra mayo so he does it again. Then I will have more evidence.

I don't know man you people are pricks.. put yourself in my shoes for two seconds, what if this was you? I was tested before this and came up clean, I ate there, now I have genital warts and God knows what else. I don't pick up hookers or shoot heroin or cheat on my soon to be wife, but that's what it looks like now. The cops investigated me tons of times for the stupidest things claiming I counterfitted money without checking it with a pen, saying I shot at people with paintball guns when I had no such guns in my life. I don't see why they wouldn't check this out. They just closed a local chinese place for the exact same thing.

This prick could be doing this all day and who could stop him? Maybe I should alert the Dept of Health? Or is it "ok" for people to whack off in your food and give you STD's ? I'm sure that violates some regulations. You want to laugh or pretend like it can't happen to you, but unfortunatly it can and does happen. It's a sick sick world in which we live..

Last edited:

CdwJava

Of course it violates regulations .. and a few laws as well ... IF there was any way to prove it!

Most STD's take time to develop. They do NOT appear over night, and you do not test positive overnight. There is likely a very large window of opportunity where you may have been exposed in some manner. You are making a very broad assumption based only upon a "smirk". Nothing else. You think you can argue that a guy you don't know whacked off in your sandwich for grins and giggles and you KNOW it was him because he looked at you with a smirk? You would be laughed out of court.

As for an investigation - it ain't gonna happen! With what you have told me, no judge would sign a search warrant to force him to give up DNA. So I wouldn't be able to get DNA or test him for STD's at all. There has to at least be SOME proof. What you are going on is referred to as "a hunch". And from a legal standpoint a hunch is worthless. It means nothing.

Again, if you have the money to pay for an attorney you CAN file suit against him and you might even be able to obtain the tests you want. The problem is that you will almost certainly have to cough up the money up front as I doubt any attorney is going to take this case on contingency as it is a huge shot in the dark.

Think of it this way ... assume that you had even a one month opportunity to have contracted the disease (whatever it is) - say, 2 weeks on either side of this strip joint sandwich. Assume also that it is possible to obtain the disease through the ingestion of semen or other fluid plastered on to your sandwich as a condiment. How many OTHER restaurants, delis, diners, fast food joints, etc. had you eaten at in that time frame? If the answer is anything greater than 0, than you have a big problem in the case. Any one of those places would have employees with the same motive (essentially none) to have plaeasure with your meal and infect you.

Do you see what I'm driving at?

If you have a disease, I truly am sorry. But making assumptions based upon a faulty premise will not help you. And contemplating revenge against someone you cannot possibly know is responsible seems ... well ... off.

Not knowing what disease you have, I can't say if it is even possible to have gotten it in the manner you think you did. But you cannot possibly say with any degree of legal certainty that you contracted it there. Especially since most diseases have an incubation period prior to physical manifestation, and others (like HIV) may take months before they show up as a positive test result even AFTER you have been infected.

You may not like what you've heard, but unless a local attorney tells you different and you have a case, I think you are just out of luck in seeking a scapegoat.

Carl

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Carl -

You're terrific. But, you're wasting your time on this whack-job.

The only thing I want to know is this: did the sandwich taste good?

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">