• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex-spouse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

vicki lynn

What is the name of your state?texas
I was married to my ex-spouse for 32 years when he divorced me. Through my divorce I was awarded 50% of his retirement. I went to a lawyer and was able to get 43.5% I knew my ex was getting some kind of disibility as my portion of the fifty percent was knocked way down. Now I find out he's at 100% with no money going to me at all. I also understand there was a new law that went in affect on January 1, 2004 stating that any retiree eligible for concurrent receipt (50%-100% disibilty rating) there will be a ten-year phase-out of the disibilty off set. For 2004, qualifying retirees should see their retired pay increase by a flat monthly amount of 750.00 for 100% If he;s still receiving his retirement pay why aren't I entitled to my share?

ALawyer

You may want to post this in the spousal support section of Family Law. Mention that he's receiving a military disability pension.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">