• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Indiana probate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

1Freshour

What is the name of your state? I live in Indiana. My son and I lived with my mother and took care of her for the last 10 years. she left me the house in the will. Now the nursing home she was in say that she owed $31,000 when she died and are going after our home which is only worth about $22,000. What can I do as this is all my son and I have?

1Freshour

Indiana Probate

Indiana The home is only worth 23,500 and I am the sole beneficiary. Does it have to go through probate? Thank you.

Dandy Don

Only reason to go through probate would be to officially change title/deed to the names of the new owners, but since the home is going to be sold there is no need for this to be done, so probate is not needed. Please talk to a bankruptcy attorney to see if there is anything legally that you can do to protect your interests.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">