• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Decree or not decree

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

savhjco

Georgia - I was divorced in 1998. My ex was awarded 37% of my retirement. The final decree did not have the retirement in it. The court transcript does. When I retired in 2001 my ex called asking for her share. I told her it was not in the decree and she needed to speak to her attorney. Nothing happened until last month (May 2004!) when her attorney filed a motion to amend the final decree. I spoke to an attorney. He thinks we have a shot at winning. He says she can't amend it, but for certain reasons. My case isn't one of them. He also stated there is a motion she can file to amend it, but that only allows 90 days. It's been nearly 6 years. All the attornies I talked to had never heard a case like this one. I am sweating this one out with so much money at stake. Is there anyone out there who has a definite answer?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">