• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Order to show cause

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jt123mim

What is the name of your state? California
I took my ex to court for a modification of child support and his attorney is fighting what the judge ordered him to pay. His attorney has inundated me with piles of questions that I have filled out and returned to his office about my finances. I have currently graduated from college and have not worked for two years because of kids and school and will be employed in the fall. His attorney knew my financial situation and is continuing to file OSC's about my finaces. The next court date will reexamine child custody and support even though the judge ordered that my ex pay me a set amount plus 21% of his income over a certain amount. I have a court date next month and am now representing myself ( my legal bills became too much of a burden). My question is what OSC could his attorney possibly be filing? I have not been served with any new info and my court date is approaching.

VeronicaGia

Just because you chose not to work doesn't mean income can't be imputed to you based on what you could be making if you were working. If you've got a degree, and your ex can prove how much you could be making, your income could be imputed to that amount.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">