• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support without Paternal Proof?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

beettank

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Washington,DC

If I have a baby out of wedlock, chose to not put the father on the birth certificate and he does not get a paternity test can I still get child support? He and I both SAY he is the father. What type of visitation and child custody rights will he have?

VeronicaGia

beettank said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Washington,DC

If I have a baby out of wedlock, chose to not put the father on the birth certificate and he does not get a paternity test can I still get child support? He and I both SAY he is the father. What type of visitation and child custody rights will he have?
It has nothing to do with whether or not you put his name on the birth certificate. He either needs to sign the birth certificate himself, sign an affidavit of paternity or take a court ordered DNA test. So if you take him to court for support, he can deny being the father, the judge will order the DNA test, and the judge will decide once the DNA test has been completed and paternity established legally.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">